Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does Brazilian Wax Include Buttocks

God save the franchise system ..

Hi,

first Thanks for your reactions to my last blog goes, I feel much better, even if my sleep pattern has not yet been set - but motivation is back ;-)

I know that many small and medium-sized businesses are suffering, particularly in Europe and much of the globalization of the Vorschmarsch of large chains and shopping centers. Of course I can not support this development also ...

BUT!

I've summed up in the last 7 years, many months abroad, mainly in China and the last time in the UAE spent.

Did I give yourself the fun and added together for my travels ...

entered about 160 times a plane

just under 6 weeks of my life (considering the time together is one) and expected although 24 days, at airports and on aircraft spent

300 gruesome portions Air Board "enjoyed"

about 140,000 miles collected, unfortunately different airlines - so pretty worthless

and at least felt in 1000 taxi drivers, concierges, waiters and janitors to one, no matter what country on earth and no matter in which hotel, must always take out of its sleep , met.

I think, sign the cleaning staff in a hotel has a contract before beginning service in the stands ...

Dear Employee:

When a new guest checking into the hotel, please make sure that it annoying as often as possible and above all you try to please the worst moment - as morgends - loudly on the door to ! knock Who is on a special bonus from, which can also enter the room without knocking, but please note: The bonus will be paid only if the guest has complained personally in the lobby - so you give everything!

your hotel management ...

It is really not relevant to what state you happen to be, these rules apply worldwide.

Some know my preference for customer-mile and membership cards, and credit cards with a particular status level.

Maybe some of you even seen the movie with George Clooney 'Up in the Air "?

course, such a life is not to seek appropriate, but the card level, which he shall possess in the movie, I would have loved.

fact, the service is better when you wag a gold card or a special membership status of a hotel has reached - but let me tell you daaaaaaauert incredible.

Sometimes I see before me in the queue at the airport or the hotel someone who is charged with a black Amex (highest achievable level) or his ticket with a black Miles & More card charged. The first few minutes you can be there ever be jealous, but I've sometimes just what I would have to spend, especially how much time I was in the air and hotels would have to get these cards - and what can I say - NO Thank you!

either 3 / 4 of his life spent on the road, or spend money in such quantities that one alone is already sick at the thought of the necessary amount.

So I try during my visits abroad with the reachable Levels and other global valid amenities to stay afloat.
And these are the nunmal in Europe by the small company so hated franchise chains.

Small example:

No matter what city I am currently located, whether Shanghai, Las Vegas, Abu Dhabi or Cologne ...
and no matter how bad the brown or black liquor, the one is in hotels and restaurants falsely sold as coffee, may be - there is a booth you can count on is:

Starbucks

found in Austria, only rarely , this mega-company is in almost all major cities in the world to represent and that more than once. And thanks to the Franchise-System provides each store the same.

It goes in, sees the counter and the uniforms and knows where you are. You know before you go purely on what you get and make the contribution to a multi-national coffee parlor in order to get a paper cup with drinkable coffee - just wonderful!

And best of all, the staff are trained to understand more or less English, but here we concentrate so only to the product, and the sound of words, mocha or espresso inside them - everything else - no interest. I prefer to be no entertainment, but coffee!

There are companies like Starbucks that have succeeded in any country to succeed, because wherever there are foreign workers, anywhere where people are like me on the road for their business and wherever you after a certain time has just the local gastronomic offer full and fried chicken claws can not see, or not hot, black water at all, anywhere to meet people like me with a grin on his face early in the morning in the queue. call

A piece of "location-independent homeland" I, a familiar feeling, no matter what language is spoken and no matter whether it is common outside herumzuspucken (China) oderob all around walk around in a white nightgown (UAE).


Long live the small business - but God save the franchise system!

long so ...

Your Stefan

PS: here's a screenshot of my latest iPhone app. a Starbuck Finder of GPS studies the nearest store ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment